Common terms and usage
- “POPI” refers to the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “Personal Information” is as defined within POPI.
- By “process” we mean to collect, distribute, erase, modify, organise, refer to, retrieve, store, or as otherwise defined within POPI.
- “Vineyard Brokers”, “our”, “us”, or “we” means Vineyard Insurance Brokers cc whose registered office is on the 3rd Floor Waterford House, Waterford Road, Diep River, South Africa, 7945 with company registration number: 1989/015358/23.
- “Website” means internet website at URL: vineyardbrokers.co.za
- “The user” or “you” means any person who accesses this Website for any purpose.
Collection and Processing of Personal Information
- All information of a personal nature submitted or provided by visitors to this website will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to any person or organisation without consent of the visitor concerned.
- Where you submit personal information via the website the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- We will only collect personal information for the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- We will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which it is collected.
- Personal information may be disclosed to our employees, suppliers and marketing agents where this information is necessary for them to evaluate and enhance the product and services offered on this web-site.
- Personal information will only be processed for the purpose for which it was collected, unless you have consented to an alternative purpose or we are permitted by POPI or in terms of national legislation of general application.
- We will not disclose any personal information relating to you to any third party unless your prior agreement is obtained or we are required to do so for the purpose for which you have engaged us or by law.
- You may, at any time, access your personal information which we hold. You may also correct your personal information held by us, should the need arise. In this regard, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may, from time to time and as permitted by POPI, use Personal Information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. This information will not be able to be linked to any specific user.
- We will use your Personal Information to provide you with financial services and in order to communicate with you regarding products or services from us which might be of interest for you. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time contact us in response to a marketing or similar email from us and all such emails will contain instructions as to how to unsubscribe from such emails.
Collection of anonymous data
- We may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this Website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows us to collect statistics.
- We do not and cannot control the confidentiality, access to or dissemination of information which is retrieved through the use of “cookies” or information retrieved through the collecting and storing of IP addresses of users of this website.
A “cookie” is a computer file, which is transferred automatically from our website to a user’s computer during an online session. This enables us, our sponsors and advertisers to customise webpage content and to gather general information on the use and frequency of the visitor traffic.
- The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
- The browser software used;
- IP address;
- Date and time of activities while visiting the Website;
- URLs of internal pages visited; and
- Referring websites, search engines and the like.
- If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with this website it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
- We will take appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures as required by applicable law to protect the information submitted to or collected by this website from loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Should there be a security breach which compromises the user’s personal information, which we are reasonably expected to be aware of, we will attempt to make the user aware thereof.
Links to other Websites
- The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.